And unlike a baby, it had to be named before it could be born. Also unlike a baby, the blog has no gender. But it was still difficult to choose a name.
Why Creative Fog?
- because fog creates a mysterious, writer-ly atmosphere. It seems like anything can happen in the fog — it’s secretive, ephemeral, and fleeting. Much like the creative muse.
- because fog is iconic to San Francisco, where I live — it existed long before the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, or even the city itself.
- because fog, as Carl Sandburg wrote, “comes on little cat feet…” — that’s how ideas creep up on me, out of a creative fog.
- because fog refreshes what is stale and tired, including my imagination.
- because “fog” rhymes with “blog.”